Laser disc decompression is One of the most recent advances for treatment of disc prolapse. Not only to treat the pain and sciatica but is also considered a definitive treatment for disc prolapse. Recent studies show that per cutaneous laser dis decompression is the most advanced and the safest procedure for treatment of disc prolapse.
Per cutaneous laser disc decompression is done through the introduction of a special needle in the disc nucleus which is attached to the laser generator. To evaporate a certain portion of the nucleus material. reducing the pressure on the outer part of the disc thus removing the nerve root compromise. Which is considered a definitive treatment for disc prolapse without the need of surgery and its hazards
Procedure is done under local anesthesia and sedation. Procedure duration is almost 20 minutes and the patient is advised to leave the hospital after 2 hours of the procedure and to return to his normal daily activities after 24 to 48 hours.
- Non-surgical Management of spondylolisthesis
- Minimally invasive spinal procedures vs surgery
- Obesity dangers on the spine
- Treating disc prolapse through Laser disc decompression Without surgery
- Selective nerve root Radiofrequency for chronic pain treatment
- Disc prolapses
- Non-surgical treatment of Spinal canal stenosis
- Different types of headaches Treatment
- Failed Spine Surgery (Pain of post laminectomy)